What is the another terms for heart failure?

Other terms for heart failure?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Cardio-pulmonary arrest.

Hi Dr Raj Amersey My name is sanjit and i am from india.i saw your email id on internet.i want to know some information about my father.my father was currently admit in ICU ,he suffering Congestive heart failure (CHF) happens when the heart s weak pumping action causes a buildup of fluid called congestion in your lungs and other body tissues. Sometimes, you may hear the terms heart failure and CHF used interchangeably, but CHF is actually a specific type of heart failure. As heart failure progresses, your heart becomes weaker and symptoms begin. In addition to those listed above, here are some other symptoms of heart failure: You have trouble breathing or lying flat because you feel short of breath. You feel tired, weak, and are unable to exercise or perform physical activities. You have weight gain from excess fluid. You feel chest pain . You do not feel like eating, or you feel like you have indigestion. Your neck veins are swollen. Your skin is cold and sweaty. Your pulse is fast or irregular. You feel restless, confused, and find that your attention span and memory are not as good as they were. = Today doctor take out a 300 Ml water from Left Lung through Injection. = also right lung there water but they give medicine to remove the water. CAN U HELP ME CURRENTLY WHAT IS MY FATHER STATUS AND WHAT WAS BEST TREATMENT.

i was pregnant for 2 times and all these 3 times at second month i did usg and in that foetal cardiac activity was not found and doctor advice me to discontinue my pregnancy and D&C done an after that i went to another doctor they did scan and they told septum uterus and laproscopy hysteroscopy done and again i become pregnant and again i found the same complaint what can i do for this pls help me!

my husband has congestive heart failure and he also broke his hip..in rehab right now... but he has fluid building up in his lungs...they are giving him Lasix but that is not working...they called his heart doctor... but he seem unconcern...what should we do...the doctor over the rehab said he knows about his case we should not have another heart doctor look at him...we are in Nacogdoches, texas..I want him to go in the hospital so that he can get some help...he is having trouble breathing..he has oxygen on him 24/7..but he still have difficult breath

Recent questions on  Heart failure

i m from kolkata ( india ) my father is sufering from heart failure , he is having dialysis 3 time in a weak , acording to doctors his left heart is not working thats y due to less pumping of heart kidney cant work properly , so he is not passing urinne so he is on dylasis , can stem cell tharaphy can help me to recover his heart , and where i can find a doctor regarding stem cell tharaphy in kolkta , plz advice me , my father age is 75

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Difficult to have an evacuation, I feel blocked and have tried several attempts to become regular with an enema, Relaxant, Maxtor with no success yet. I have heart failure, kidney failure I am 81 years and diabetic.

A while back ago i suffered from heart failure... i was wondering because then as well as now my right leg gives out on me it feels weak and the moment i put pressure on it... it gives out... can you tell me whats going on? Or atleast help me in figureing it out?

My grandfather is 89 years old and is in heart failure. The opening in his arotic valve is about the size of a pin hole and he cannot pass blood through it. He has been in and out of the hospital 8 times since december and is in congestive heart failure. When we found out about this 4 years ago, we did not do the surgery because it was too high risk but now we have no choice but to do it. What are the chances of recovery?

I have very shortness of breath will divan help this ?

I am a patient with a condition called Left Bundle Block. A relatvely new drug was used to treat my condition with promising sucess called Levosimendan at the American Hospital in Paris It is hoped That further treatment with Levosimendan may help...

I walked upstairs and was slightly out of breath. I sat down and noticed my heart rate was elevated but no pain or discomfort. I then noticed I could see my heart rate in my eyes as it caused them to pulse. I'm just wondering if that is a problem.