Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What is the alternative for Tinaderm lotion?

I live in chennai, india I had Jock itch since 20 years before. my age is 38 now. I took few creams and tablets in the starting stage. but it was not cured. when I went to my native village and i had consulted a doctor and she advised to take tinaderm lotion also doctor advised to show the loction, once i bought. by mistake the medical person has given the oinment instead of lotion. when i show it to doctor, she scolded and asked use only lotion, that will be suitable for you(based on physical examination ). I used that Tinaderm lotion, its wonder got cured. but since that time i am getting this on and off, once in a while. But in chennai, when i ask for the solution in the medical shop, they says the tinaderm is not comming now a days almost in many medical shops. kindly advise me: where i can get this or what is alternative. -Kannan
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Since you are having recurrent jock itch, you need systemic anti fungal agents like griseofulvin for full cure. The topical application of tinaderm lotion will not cause a full cure. You need to consult a dermatologist who after a physical examination will prescribe the anti fungal agent best suitable for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor