Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What is sciatica ? Which tests can diagnose it and how can it be treated ?

female..22 years i complain from pain in my left lower limb about one week ago it begin from posterior superior iliac spine to back of thigh until back of knee and it increase by leaning forward how ever there is no back pain i suspect it may be sciatica .i don t know and i really trust in you so please help and what should i take to relief these disturbing pain.?..... oh i forget to tell u that there is no position can stop these pain.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes radiating pain like your have described is most likely sciatica.
Even if you have no back pain you should go for xray and mri spine by which your orthopaedist may diagnose and start appropriate treatment.I would suggest physiotherapy for better relief.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.You need at least physical examination by your doctor.As per the complain it seems that there has to be some nerve compression higher up.You may need a x ray also.Please avoid lifting heavy weight,avoid excessive forward bending.Take analgesic for pain by the time you visit your doctor.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor