Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
120 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is remedy for shoulder pain ?

i have pain in right hand upper arm near shoulder and not able to lift my right hand up and in back position
Thu, 22 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
YOur symptoms seems to be case of frozen shoulder
Actually The Ayurvedic treatment of frozen shoulder is aimed at treating stiffness and pain and preserving the mobility of the shoulder joint. Medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Sinhanaad-Guggulu, Maha-Rasnadi-Guggulu and Punarnavadi-Guggulu are used to reduce the inflammation in the shoulder joint.
Application of herbal medicine then Application of heat to the shoulder joint is also quite helpful in reducing pain and stiffness.
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear, its frozen shoulder, which needs exercise more than medicine. also get your blood sugar checked, since it occurs commonly in diabetics.Consult your homoeopath and also a physiotherapist who will teach u the exercises..all the best.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vikram Singh Yadav's  Response
Pain in shoulder when lifting arm can be due to numerous reasons varying from arthritis, to calcification in the tendons or injury to the joint. Give complete rest and visit an orthopaedics surgeon near you. Till your visit you can have analgesic, skeletal muslce relaxants, and calcium tablets.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Try with Tab. Yograj Guggul 2 tabs twice a day Tab. Godanti Vati 2 tabs twice a day Tab. Tribhuvan Kirti 1 tab thrice a day Also Warm Mahanarayan Oil should be used for massaging
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
you are having frozen shoulder and i advice you to have tab. myostaal and triodasahng guggul. locally also apply myostaal oint.
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Shoulder pain can be due to varied reason depending upon age ,profession,exercise habit extra .You should do wheel exercise for shoulder regularly that is the best.Rotating the shoulder.Get X-ray right shoulder done .In old age arthritis is more common .In younger age arthralgia can be due to muscle pull ,spasm .So with simple analgesic & wheel exercise your problem should be relieved.Disclaimer
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. You may be suffering from frozen shoulder. If you have been using the computer for long hours this can lead to stiffness in the joint. Try applying ice packs on the shoulders and take some muscle relaxants. Your doctor will advise you on some exercises after the pain has resolved. Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had left shoulder pain which spreads throughout left hand since two years.Ihad many ECG and even TMT but could not found any positive report.Is...

Recent questions on  Arthritis

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, Pateint is my wife, 38 years , 5Ft 7Inches, married and we have one son. She is undergoing treatment for Ruhmetoid Arthritis for...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, Myself Rajesh and I am posting this query on behalf of my mother in-law who is 62yrs of age suffering from rheumatoid arthritis over...

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir, My mother is suffering from Cardiomegaly . Her case history is, she has chronic rheumatoid arthritis and she is taking leflunomide ,...

doctor1 MD

hi i am a 24 year old male i currently have a mucus discharge that is really annoying on my day to day life i am a vegetarian and take a mens multi...

doctor1 MD

why would hypermedia show up in bone scan- it was for a shoulder doctor but hyperaemia showed up in the plevis- the ortho doctor did not comment...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have been having extremely sore joints, My left hand is in constant pain, my right arm hurts when I try to lifts it up. My knees are extremely...

doctor1 MD

i have numbness in the balls of my feet and pain and discomfort. the pain gets really bad when i elevate my feet when i go to bed at night. this...