Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is polycystic ovary syndrome and how is it treated in teenagers ?

my daughter age is 16 years she has got continous bleeding for 45 daysbecause of pcod her weight is 80kg and her height is 5 ft 3 inch please advice
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
PCOD usually causes less bleeding.She could be having something called puberty menorrhagia which can be treated with medicines.The PCOS may be unrelated at this point but she needs to have her blood sugar checked and lose weight.See a gynaecologist please.
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
pcod is one of cause of amenorrhea means absence of this age group puberty menorrhagia more is excessive bleeding occurring between menarche and 19 years. In 80% of cases puberty menorrhagia is caused by anovulatory cycles.she need some tests to rule out other pathology like complete blood count, peripheral smear for RBC and WBC morphology, coagulation profile, blood grouping and Rh typing and transabdominal USG. In selected cases thyroid function test (T3, T4, TSH) and hormonal assays including (LH, FSH, Prolactin) .this is treatable. please consult agynecologist.for the pcod she has to reduce the wt and modify diet which will improve the outcome. take care
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor