Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What is pelvic engeogement ?

doctor hasnt told me a lot about this just given me codiene for the pain can anyone help me out a bit im 31 had this problem since i was 20 off and on pelvic engeogement i suffer with it dont understand it
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Pelvic congestion syndrome is a chronic medical condition that causes pelvic pain in women. its caused by a disorder in the veins connected to the pelvic area. In patients with pelvic congestion syndrome, leakage occurs in the valves in the veins that assist in blood flow from the pelvic area toward the heart. Blood then flows backward and pools in the veins, causing pain and discomfort. this pooling causes the veins to stretch, putting unhealthy amounts of stress on veins and vein walls, and with painful results. The uterus, ovaries, and vulva may all be affected by pelvic congestion syndrome.Drugs are available that constrict the veins or suppress the function of the ovaries (vasoconstrictors or hormones). Also, blocking or tying off the effected veins often helps. In the right circumstances, interventional radiology techniques, such as arterial embolization, which involves the use of an injected solution called an embolic agent to block flow to the affected area and reroute blood elsewhere, are helpful.
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor