What is open heart surgery?

What is open heart surgery? Is it safe? Could death occur during it?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Medical Procedures ,   ,  
's  Response
Open heart surgery is when they crack your chest and work on the naked heart. It is safe, as doctors take every precaution they can to make sure it is..however there is always a risk with any type of surgery, and you should know that in advance. Do not get yourself worked up over this, as stress can lead to operating room problems with patients. Just be aware that the doctor doing the surgery has done this many many times before, and knows what he is doing...and that there are people that will go above and beyond to take good care of all their patients. Good luck and huge hugs.