What is myocardial infraction?

what is myocardial infraction?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
http://www.hmc.psu.edu/heartandvascular/patient/articles/pe101.htm

my relative had a ecg and the result is abnormal ecg and it says tha it has myocardial infraction. what does it mean? the docot will see her early next week thats why i need the informations about this now.

Hi...yesterday i went for medical check for ECG. And the report was rececived with Myocardial Infraction. (Mechine interpretation). After that i visited cardiac speciliest and undergon for TMT and results are found satisfactorly. Now pl tell me the intail ECG reports are wrong or I need to under go for any other tests. My age is 31yeras. BP and Sugar levels are normal and I dont have any chest pain also. Pl suggest me.

dear sir, my age is about 50+ now. few months ago i get breathing problem while i was sleeping in the morning. i have gone to my cardeologist and he has done my ECG. result comes that i has a myocardial infarction . doctor adviced me to go through Eco-cardiogram which results come out normal. further TMT has done and result comes Strongly possitive. now what i have to do? my bp is now 110/70.

Recent questions on  Cardiac muscle

Early in August 2017, I had a pacemaker implanted at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute because I had some blockage of the electrical signal and, therefore, I had episodes of very slow heart rates. The report on my first evaluation of the...

I uploaded an ekg I had today. I ve been having intermittent burning and aching in my arms. Mostly left but sometimes right. Also intermittent burning in my chest that radiates up my neck. Sometimes I just feel really worn out. The other day I had...

I had an episode of chest burning radiating up my neck and into my back. I also had this aching , burning and heaviness in my left arm and an ache in my right arm pit and this overwhelming fatigue and weakness the other day. It came and went in...

My husband age 57 has recently had chest pains. He had nuclear heart test. His heart muscle has thickened. He is in very good shape and very athletic. Very low resting heart rate. Should he not exercise- take aspirin. He can't get in to cardiologist for couple of weeks

My husband have a server heart attack and two light ones. The main Artery to the front part of his heart is 100 blocked. Said surgery wouldn't help him because the heart muscle was dead . So he only has 25 percent working. He has no energy hard time breathing. Dr said he needed a difiberlatir but heart was to weak and heart rate was to fast to try to put on in at this time. I'm really worried about him. The dr said he was a walking time bomb. What do I need to look for and how can I help him? Can a person live a long life in this shap

Hi Dr Jain Recently I spoke to a friend who had been a fitness fanatic, doing strenuous activity including hill walking, regularly until he was 80. Not long ago, his doctor diagnosed a hardening of the heart muscles, enlarging the heart overall, and causing a shortness of breath and lethargy. It seems to a non expert such as I that the symtoms are similar to arterial sclerosis around the heart, perhaps because the effects are similar, ie a reduced efficiency in the heart s operation. My question is: If the heart is a muscle, and can be grown and strengthened by exercise, can it be reduced in size again, by atrophy, perhaps reducing the heart to an appropriate size and regaining its flexibility and fuller function if the exercise level is reduced? If it is possible, how do you suggest one goes about it. My friend has been prescribed an increased dose of anti- high blood pressure pills, which he says make him very sleepy, which he does not like. He is not the kind of guy to stop taking the pills (or do anything else) without proper medical supervision, so please feel free to suggest anything appropriate. In my own inexpert view, I understand that the reduced function of the heart reduces oxygen flow between the lungs and other organs, through the blood, causing the lethargy etc. My simplistic mind wonders if breathing in extra oxygen might have some beneficial effect, but I recognise my limited expertise here and am expecting your greater knowledge to be able to explain why this would not work! Thank you. Mike Windsor

Why would a heart muscle be shaved

A 73 year old man with diabetes and previous heart problems to undergo surgery to replace the heart valve relating to the output of blood(?) and the heart muscle to be shaved........I have never heard of that procedure.....why