What is my cholesterol level?

my total cholesterol is 6.8mmol/l my hdl is 0.92mmol/l my ldl is 5.1mmol/l my hdl ratio is 7.4 is this very bad im 40years old
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Yes It's too high. It's good you have included your full lipid profile because this gives a clearer picture. You need to make some life style changes. Include more exercise in your life- this will raise your HDL. Also reduce saturated fats where possible in the diet. Have your cholesterol tested again in 3 months time, if no improvement then your Doctor may decide to give you statins (which lower the cholesterol levels in the blood.)