What is missing of part of rib termed as?

I was told yesterday that part of my 12th rib is missing. I will undergo bloodwork and total skelatel xrays next week. My doctor said it could be caused by a problem with my bone marrow. Is there a name for this so i can look it up? thanks YYYY@YYYY
Mon, 18 Mar 2019

Missing part of the 12th rib is very common. Unless you have some problem with this, I suggest you forget about it - unless you are sure that it was present and missing now. Sometimes 12th rib is absent or very small maybe on one side only.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon