Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is mean rupture in follicular study ?

I am 32 year old trying for baby since last 3 years. the recent ultrasound report confirmed that there is a endometriotic/ haemorrhagic cyst in right ovary . the lesion measures 6.1x5.1x52cm (85cc). there are two opnion of the Doctors i) remove it through laproscopc surgry and then go for pregnency ii) directly go for IVF. which i should prefer I am in dillema! Anju Singh
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1509
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello anju;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If it is an endometriotic/haen=morrhagic cyst it requires treatment.Since you are 32 yrs and can take chance of getting naturally pregnant so you can go for a laparoscopic removal of cyst and if you do not conceive the IVF will be option which will be open even after 2 yrs also.As for the follicular study it is a procedure where sonography is done to find whether the size of the follicle produced by ovary is increasing to the desired size and then the follicle ruptures or bursts releasing the egg which is fertilized by the sperms and it is necessary during fertilization so that you can have pregnancy.
I hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor