What is loss of peripheral vision called?

Medical term loss of vision of peripheral vision in a single eye (left or right) due to trauma I have a friend who lost the ability to percibe the left and right field of vision in his right eye due to a physical trauma. He only can perceive a vertical line in his right eye but no right or left vision. I need to know the correct medical term for his condition. His left eye has perfect vision, but the right eye has this condition Thanks
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If the central vision is intact we usually call it a tunnel vision in our language means the patient see as though looking from a tunnel can also be called tubular vision.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.