Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What is gastroesophageal reflux disease and how can it be treated ?

Good day doctor ,i am a man32 yrs old,1.75m high,68kg weight,i feel like vomit whenever i eat,i feel a kind of blockage in my chest during swallow and i do have ocasional cronic chest pain .I was diagonised of warm later ulcer and i have treated both but the symtom persist,pls help.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic. You mention about feeling of discomfort at the time of taking meal in the form of nausea and choking? or sometime feeling of obstruction.With these problems, I think you need to be checking your cardiac(heart) as well as gastrointestinal system and neurological status.A feeling of discomfort during or after a meal can be subtle symptoms related to heart.For this, I would suggest you to undergo ECG(electrocardiogram), an Echocardiography/ a stress Echo/ TMT, which would be adviced by a cardiologist after he sees you. Then also related to gastrointestinal system, it could be problems of oesophagus( food pipe) like achalasia, a diverticulum, diffuse oesophageal spasm, a tumour like growth, peptic stricture etc.For these, a barium swallow,gastrooesophageal endoscopy, pH monitoring( for gastro eosophageal reflux disease), Manometry It could be related to some neurological problem like a stroke, some myopathy( problem of muscle) etc. So all these has to be adviced by respective specialists only after evaluating you thoroughly. Hope you have visited a physician by now, if not then please He is the first person to guide you how to proceed. Hope I could answer your query. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
HI!YOU feel like vomit,when u eat1"st pdssibility is of GERD[gastroesophagealrefluxdisease]antacid.enzyme and newer drug may help to relieve may be warm recureence or better u see gastroenterologist to rule out esophageal obstruction or pathology there.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
  User's Response
welcome to hcm
please get proper investigation throuh gastoscopy. the proceedure will draw exact disease picture, you are presubeably unerd the sever acidic spell.befor taking any medicine make change diet style,include all fibes oatmean,fruit sald,olive will surely feel good comfort.I SHALL BE ABLE TO SUGGEST SOME REMEDIES AFTER KNOW THE RESUT OF GASRTOSCOPY.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor