Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is endometriosis ? Does it pose any health risks if Im trying to get pregnant ?

I am 18 years old and married. I was recently diagnoised with endometriosis because of the extream pelvic pain I have with periods and intercourse, It also runs in my family. I have tried every kind of birth control we can think of. My Dr suggested that I get pregnant right away. I was wondering if that would help with the pelvic pain and if there were other benifits for people with pelivic pain. Would this be a suggested treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Pregnancy and vaginal delivery may relieve period pain to some extent as the pain carrying cervical nerves are disrupted due to child birth.But the effect would vary from individual to individual and depend ing upon the pathology or disease.The decision for planning a baby should be taken by the couple after thorough discussion with each other and family.all the best. Hope I could help.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor