What is encephalitis ?

Hi, can some body tell me what is encephalitis ?
Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

It is viral infection of brain.

luc's  Response
hey encephalitis is infection of the brain can be caused by virus or bacteria. i dont know much knowledge about this.
erwin's  Response
Good thread can anyone reply correctly and I too wanna know about them and what to do and how to differentiate
wataru's  Response
if encephalitis is brain infection than what is meningitis. it is also a brain infection ?
Genetics Specialist Dr. Kuldeep Singh's  Response
Hello!
Encephalitis is an inflammation or infection of brain parenchyma (brain matter). Most important cause is by virus. Japanese B virus is prevalent in North India especially Bihar and West Bengal and is seasonal. Starting from April to October. The symptoms starts with fever, headache, vomiting, body aches, necck stiffness, convulsions and coma. It is a serious condition and needs urgent medical care. Another encephalitis is Herpes having very rapid course and can occur throughout the year. If Herpes encephalitis is suspected, antiviral drugs are available which helps in recovery.