What is considered too high for your blood pressure?

What is considered too high for your blood pressure? Is 144over99 too high?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes two high, PLEASE C YOUR PHYSICIAN, BEFORE THIS CAUSES OTHER PROBLEMS

I always had very low blood pressure until menopause, so now I have no idea how they determine what is high blood pressure, Doesn t it also have something to do with how far apart the numbers are as well as what the numbers are ?

my blood pressure is 144/94. I m a diabetic and I do take hbp pills. I have family members staying with me that won t leave. I feel like they are the one that keep my pressure up. I hate to come home after work. Do you think this could be part of my problem? I m fine at work considering I work with children.

Hi, I am on Olmatec and Atenalol and have been for some years for high blood pressure problems. I had it checked a few weeks ago with my doctor and he was concerned it was 167/83 however I had missed a few days medication. I checked it today and it is 134/76 is this okay considering I am on medication still? thanks for your help.

Recent questions on  Hypertension

1.my dad age : 52 yrs old had a episode of fever and collapsed with low bp of 80\60 at that time his eyes rolled up is that a seizure ? 2.in investigations CT scan - a tiny calcified granuloma in occipital lobe was present what might be the diagnosis? 3.past history : he had chicken pox during 40 yrs following that he had fluctuating sugar levels sudden hypoglycaemia & fainting but now its normal , fluctuating BP 140/90 or sometimes its 130|90 , chromogranin b level is high & in query for phaeochromocytoma/neuroblastoma 4.occupational history : he also does farming what will be the diagnosis ? is it because of chronic borderline hypertension like stroke /infective like neurocysticercosis /because of some intracranial tumours ??

Hi I have pulmonary Hypertension with CHF enlarged spleen and problems with elevated liver enzymes. I also have intercranial hypertension. Wed I developed a headache which I get alot. Did not feel well on Thurs then on Friday I began getting really dizzy ( I feel like I just got off an amusment park ride) and developled pain in my left shoulder that goes down my arm. I am extremely tired only able to stay awake for about an hour before needing to lay down and sleep. I am debating on waiting it out to see my Dr. next week or the ER. What would you do if you were me?

Hi, my name is Kim. My Mother who is 75 has high blood pressure and has to be on blood thinners the rest of her life, and she also has a twisted bowel. What can she eat?!!! Please any help would be appreciated, all her Doctor's tell her is eat what you want.

Had tubes tied 2 years ago and have normal periods.started period on time this month but its lighter than normal and been having pelvic pain on lower left side and shoulder pain on right side.I do get dizzy but I also have high blood pressure and im currently on medication for it so im use to dizziness.im now getting a bad headache and dont kno if it is because of pelvic pain.should I go to the doctor or ER ?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...