What is causing tingling of lips?

I was bitten earlier this evening about tw hours ago..I was outside turning off a water faucet and was bittaen on finger. I could not find what bit me. I did apply ice but it was not helping the stinging pain. I decided to mix baking soda and vinegar and hold my finger in the mixture. While I was doing that my tongue and inside of mouth and lips began to tingle a little. Did this happen because I did not apply ice? The tingling has subsided and pain has lessened .
Wed, 21 May 2014
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
According to the history mentioned by you, you were bitten on the finger.
The bite was followed by tingling, stinging sensation and pain on the fingers.
This could be due to the allergy produced by the bite.
In cases of allergy produced by bites, antihistamines are a group of drugs which are effective in controlling the symptoms.
However, the cause of symptoms on the lips has to be found out.
There is a possibility that the tingling sensation on the lips could be due to the bite.
Antihistamines will be effective in case these symptoms are due to bite.
If the symptoms do not disappear, other cause of tingling has to be found out.
Vitamin B 12 deficiency can also cause tingling sensation in the lips.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal