What is causing stiffness in back?

I work in a software company and my job requires me to sit a lot and my posture is very bad which i am trying to improve,however i make sure i do lot of physical activity like aerobics etc,however i have stopped from 2 months. I am 172cm tall and my weight is 68kg. I used to go to gym before and just went for a month.Suddenly I started feeling stiffness and uneasiness/tiredness in my back almost 1 and half months back and it still continues.Due to this i have stopped all my exercises and now days i just walk,that also slow walk. I dont know whether this feeling of stiffness is same thing what we call back pain?

I love to go to aerobics and gym. But because of this i have to stop everything.

Sir is this stiffness which i feel same as back pain? And is it curable and if yes how much time does it takes? Can i go out for exercise in normal way or i have to take precaution for life long thing. I m very worried about my back as if i have back issues in this age ,then i dont know how my life will go.

Also 1 more point sir, This pain or stiffness increases as the day goes by, i mean in morning when i get up,i dont have any pain or stiffness,but as day goes by and i work ,it increases .

Should i go for MRI scan? and also can i do gym and is it possible that this pain is because of gym exercises.

Wed, 14 May 2014
Psychologist 's  Response

I had gone through the case and found that you did not mention the exact location like upper back or lower back.

So go for MRI of whole spine and Vitamin D3 test.

After that take proper treatment and Vitamin D3 once a week.

It might be cervical or lumbar spondylitis.

According to exact cause do exercise.

Hope my answer will be effective for you.

Thanks