Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What is bone marrow edema and what is the treatment for this ?

I am 38yrs old female, I fractured my left ankle 7mon. ago. After months and months of still swelling and pain I was told by ortho doctor that I have bone marrow edemea in my ankle, can you please explain exactly what that is and how is it treated?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  713
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
After fracture if plaster is applied for proper time there should not any problem.
But due to small bones of ankle joint are fractured they might not well allied and even after plaster they may not unite and may give problem.
Go for physiotherapy.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor