What is aphrodisiacs?

What are aphrodisiacs?
Mon, 9 Apr 2012
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
The word Aphrodisiac is derived from Aphrodite, the name of the ancient Greek goddess of love. It refers to drugs that arouse or increase sexual desire or excitement. These agents enhance the sexual drive, performance and lead to greater sexual satisfaction. They cause an increase in libido and sexual interest. They are sometimes used in the treatment of impotence. Which drugs are used as aphrodisiacs? A number of prescription drugs may act as sex stimulants. These include levodopa (l-dopa), bromociptine, amantadine, naloxone, pergolide, and imipramine. For men, sildenafil citrate, better known as Viagra, is approved for the treatment of impotence. Clinical studies have shown that sildenafil citrate corrects erectile dysfunction problems in 60 to 70 percent of men. Viagra is a commonly used drug to facilitate a male erection in conjunction with sexual stimuli. Arginine is also taken by men and women to enhance sex organ sensation and performance. Arginine works as well in women as it does in men. Prostaglandins have also been used as a local aphrodisiac agent. The role of oxytocin as a potential aphrodisiac in women is also being investigated. How do they act? These drugs act by enhancing the sex organ sensation and performance. They improve the blood flow to the male sex organs, thus improving the male libido. A similar response in women may also produce an increased sexual stimulation. Arginine works directly in the area of the genitals, whereas the other supplements act on the brain. Prostaglandins can be directly applied to the penis by injection or by a small solid insertion into the urethra. This is the most effective locally active aphrodisiac.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

It also means the substance or drug, which increases the bond between the person who gives it and the person who recieves it. the person recieving the aprodisiacs develop love and affection towards the person who gave him.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

will it cause side effect, at what frequency one can use these kind of pills

Psychiatrist Dr. Sivaraman's  Response
drugs that arouse or increase sexual desire or excitement are called as aphrodisiacs