Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What is anterior horn cell disease ? How is it treated ?

hello sir my father is 45 yrs old, he is suffring from horncell disorder from past 2 years. Please tell me some thearpy for the disease
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

In the neurological evaluation of weakness, we distinguish between upper motor neuron

weakness, and lower motor neuron weakness.

The anterior horn cells are somatotopically organized in the spinal cord.

Clinically characterized by selective involvement of muscles.
Currently there is no cure for MND, however there are medicines available to slow down the progress of the disease and manage your symptoms.
Talk to your GP before starting any complementary therapy to make sure that it isn’t harmful and is compatible with any other medicines you’re taking.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor