What is an ideal pulse reading ?

Is a pulse reading of 59 too low? What is an ideal reading.? Is a pulse reading of 59 too low? What is an ideal reading.?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
0 is too low... Meaning you're dead. HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR IDEAL TRAINING HEART RATE: 1. Subtract your age from 220 2. Subtract your resting heart rate 3. Divide by 2 4. Add your resting heart rate Example of a 60 year old with a resting heart rate of 65: 220 - 60 =160 160 - 65 = 95 95 divide by 2 = 47.5 47.5 + 65 = 112 This person's ideal aerobic set training heart rate is 112. (Your resting heart rate is what you have when you wake up in the morning before activity.) http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/Go/swim/heart_rate.shtml (click above for an easy to use calculator and figure it out there...)