What is an EKG? How they perform this?

I know its a test for your heart, but how does the test work? Do they hook you up to a machine? and what does it test for?
Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Treatment/Therapy
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
hi it is elctrio cardiogram ECG leads will be connected over ches and limbs through a machine elctrical activity is measured.i e. ECG/EKG.gives an idea how your heart is functioning
General & Family Physician Dr. Nirmal's  Response
hi welcome to healthcare magic
The electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a diagnostic tool that measures and records the electrical activity of the heart in exquisite detail. Interpretation of these details allows diagnosis of a wide range of heart conditions
peter's  Response
all they do is put little sticky circles on you and they have a few wires on them that connect to a machine. Don't worry, there is no pain involved at all. I think they just are to see how your heart rate is. :-)