What is a small artery called ?

what is a small artery called?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Arteriole(s).

Good morning. I did gym and other fitness activities after my first and last episode of status epilepsy that was in 1993. I rose to high position. However, after my negative test for TMT on Dec 3, I travelled. However, I had heart attack on Dec 14. A block 99% was treated by angioplasty. Another block was noted in a small side artery. The cardiologist tried but could not reach. My medicines are: Tab Revlol 25/5 1-0-0; Tab Eptoin 1-0-0, Tab Presudoc 10 mg 1-0-0; Tab Telma 80 0-0-1. Tab Atorva 20 0-0-1, Ecospirin 150 0-0-1; Tab Eptoin 0-0-2. I am 59 and maintain good health. My question to you is: What should I do with the second block? The doctors advised me to forget about it. After angioplasty, I have attained 50 min walking to cover 4 km each morning. My food is looked after very well. A week ago, my physician called me to his home for dinner and offered me a glass of red wine. What should be the frequency of red wine (1 glass)? I shall greatly appreciate your time. Anil

what heart artery is called the widow maker?

I am scheduled for a roto rooter job on one of my heart arteries that has excessive calcification. My Dr says they will use a pump to keep my blood flowing while he works on the artery. I never heard of this before. OPen heart is not a n option. Can you tell me what this pump procedure is called?

Recent questions on  Artery

My Grandson suffered post operative fits after a heart operation (which continued until recently)of the great arteries. He is now four approaching school age and is doubly incontinent, despite some clean periods. Is this a result and consequence of the fitting and what should my daughter do to get help

what do you know of the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Instiute? I passed out during a stress test performed. They found that my blood pressure does not come up above 100 after being on the treadmill for 9 minutes. I have had a ct scan with contrast that showed no blood clots though my levels for clots were just on the border and I was given a blood thinner. I was diagnosed with seizures 8 months ago and have been on anti seizure meds have been very nausea along with complete numbness on left side of my face. I feel that these symptoms could be caused from the arteries along the neck I am very stressed out and need some answers I had an mri on thurs do not have answers yet and have another test with contrast on tues to look at arteries in and around heart as they suspect cad

I am 28yrs old, VSD was detected in my heart during my childhood, however doctors suggested to wait and see if it closes by itself, however when 27 the symptoms grew and the Hole in Heart lead to dilation and slight rupture of Sinus of valsalva, I ended up having an open heart invasive surgery. Surgery treatment included closure of VSD as well as RSOV

I was told there was imbalance pressure at my left and right half of heart, and pressure difference was roughly 20 or 30 mmHg more than should have been for a normal heart, meaning one side(right) of heart was handling more pressure by 20mmHg than should have while the other half(left) was handling pressure by 20mmHg lesser than should have, and also there was mixing of oxygenated and de-oxygenated blood.

I have not gained weight even after surgery(surgical treatment done when i was 27yrs old)

My questions are:
1. What is my life expectancy? Have my life expectancy decreased by now than compared to what it would have been if I would have been normal from my birth, is there a maximum cap on the number of years I can live now?

I did try asking above question to my cardio surgeon but he did not provide a clear answer, just mentioned that I am normal now and would not have any problems

2. Before surgery I was told that the reason I had long hands and underweight was due to the defect VSD, due to the pumping of the heart at wrong pressures and causing different pressure values at arteries and veins, So my question is would I really some back to normal after the surgery? would my heart not have been adjusted to the earlier pressures(i would imagine the structure of heart to be adopted since the defect was from birth), so rectifying RSOV alone would have been sufficient and that closure of VSD wouldnt have adverse effect on my body as well as heart?

3. Since lesser percentage of oxygenated blood was circulating through my system including my brain all these years, would I have any issues like memory loss or underdeveloped brain, attributed due to that?

4. Would I be prone to any of the heart diseases in future or and related diseases like high/low Blood Pressure?

Please respond to my queries asap.

Thanks,
Murali

I received two stents in the arteries around my heart six months ago. Eversince then I had this pain in my left shoulder and on the left side of my chest. There are still some times that I feel out of breath and pressure on my chest but I have stopped smoking and am eating healthy. Can it be my medicine. I use Aspavor 4mg, Plaxim 2mg, Disprin 100mg, Clopidogrel-winthrop 75mg and bilicor 5mg.

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

i had a angiogram for a stroke in my cerebellum caused by a cerebral artery dissection. this was in october 17th of this year. would it be okay to take a bath yet? i had one of those dissolvable plugs put it too.

Good Morning sir, My mother aged 84 yrs got stroke on last monday (04/12/2017)morning at 7.00am. We admitted in xxx hospital. XXXXXXX .they taken CT scan and impression is Lacunar infarcts in leftlentiform necleus. And repeat CT scan on next day...