What is a normal cholesterol score?

what is a normal cholesterol score?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
For a normal human being, it must be below 220. For person having some heart problem, it must be below 150.

What is a normal cholesterol level ?

My mom is 49 yrs old. She had a blood test done today. Her cholestrol level is 240. Is it dangerous? Can you provide me with the tips to reduce cholestrol. Does she has to take medicine?

Hi I m femaie and I will be turning 50 in a matter of days and was asked 2 months ago to lower my Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels. Are these reasonable values for my age? I ve changed my eating habits. Thanks -Jan 1. Cholesterol 172 2. Triglyceride 60 3. HDL 43 4. LDL Calculated 117 5. Cholesterol/High Density Lipoprotein 4.0 6. Cholesterol, Non-HDL

Recent questions on Hypercholesterolemia

two months ago I did two hydrocolonics in one week. after each colonic there was gel like substances with red squiggly lines coming out and minimal blood on the toilet paper. Ever since that I have been having a problem with food feeling like it gets stuck in the middle of my chest, burping a lot and a pain in my left back shoulder blade that radiates down my arm and up to my ear. It seems like when I eat fruits and vegetables I am fine with things not getting stuck in the middle of my chest but, protein and fats may be what causes the problem. My last cbc blood work showed my WBC count is 3.8 normal range between {4.0-12.0} K/UL my NEUTROPHIL count is 36.0 normal range between {41.0-71.0} % and my LYMOPHOCYTE count is 46.9 normal rainge is {24.0-44.0}%. I have been having these types of numbers for over nine years and my doctor doesn think anything about it. after researching on line I am questioning whether I could have the hpylori infection and a peptic ulcer. I ate some fruit about a year ago that my husband brought home from a market and got a pain so bad on my right lower abdomen that I could barely walk. I went and did a hydrocolonic and was able to get through it. I also have low vitamin d- 32 reference range: 30-100 unit ng/ml I also have high cholesterol 221 {140-200)mg/dl triglycerides 33 {30-150}mg/dl HDL 87{35-65}mg/dl chol/hdl ratio 2.54 {2.00-4.50}ratio VLDL 7 {6-30} mg/dl LDL 127 {70-130}mg/dl I am 46 years old and weigh 118lbs I am 5 2 . I jog and go to the gym at least 4 times a week.. I eat very healthy.. tons of fruits and vegetables and fish and chicken.. not much sugar or breads or pastries... on weekends we do drink beer and eat somewhat off but still not too bad... I am into natural remedies. Do you have any ideas what could be going on?

My father-in-law has taken for several years Welchol Tab 625mg - 3, 2x per day to reduce high cholesterol. His new doctor just prescribed a new drug, Lovastatin Tab 20 mg 1 x per day and discontinue Welchol. The doctor said his cholesterol was too high. My question, is this a good move? Statin drugs scare me... and I was not at the appointment when this change was made. He can t hear well and gets confused easily so didn t even realize he was changing meds. My father in law in 87 years old. Any comments?

I have been taking Instaflex for three days and since that time have had black stools. Is this common or something to be concerned about? I am 79 years old, weigh 152 pounds, height 5'3". I have coronary heart disease, high cholesterol (under controls with meds) and diverticulosis. I have had a TIA.

I am 56 years old, about 5 3 and weigh 176. I have hypertension, high cholesterol, CAD, mild asthma which is brought on by irritants, Hashimoto s Thyroiditis, and Diverticulosis (I had a colon resection 4 1/2 years ago). I often get terrible muscle cramps in my lower legs, but I have also been experiencing this feeling of pulsating (it almost feels like something is crawling inside my lower legs) and you can actually see it puckering. I ve also had a few episodes of extreme dizziness, immediately followed by swooning (feeling like I was going to pass out), and simultaneous tingling & numbness in my lips, fingers & toes. These may be two completely different problems, but for all I know, they could be related. Any insight you could give me would be much appreciated!

I have severe headaches on almost a daily basis. An MRI revealed findings: chronic vessel ischemic changes; mild global volume loss and paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cells appear pneumatized. Question: Does first two items indicate future...

my husband who is 45 recently began having difficulty keeping an erection. He said the feeling is there but he can't and it is very frustrating to him. I have noticed that the odor in his semen has changed. It leaves a fishy odor.

My wife is taking xeralto, and has hypertension leyden 5 deficiency, hypercholesterolemia ,high triglycerides, Previous bilat PE, following dvt. Any benefit or contraindication to fish oil tabs? YYYY@YYYY