What is a normal BP reading in women?

i am a 42 yr old female and haven't been felling well for a few weeks now. I've been experiencing upper left side of chest, chest pains. today i took my bp with a home machine is it read 120/90 with a pulse rate of 99. Is that a normal reading for my age?

Tue, 19 Jan 2016
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello , considering the blood pressure and pulse was taken when you were at rest ,
About blood pressure , though in normal range less than 140/90 , considering that lower has already been hovering towards upper limit decreasing salt in diet is strongly recommended.
Now for pulse , between 60-100 is considered normal .
In most probability both blood pressure and pulse might be just borderline high because of you being anxious about the reading .
Relax it's completely normal reading for your age .
Now for the heaviness , if you have a strong family history for heart events and have a irregular and hectic professional and personal life , a treadmill stress echocardiography is justified to rule out underlying cardiac event.
Hoping I could help .
Regards Dr Mody