Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is Uribel and will it help in Interstitial Cystitis?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and a friend told me about Uribel. Can you tell me what this is and if it would help with my IC? Also, my bladder symptoms are somewhat under control but I have chronic pelvic pain around my right ovary. Is this common with IC patients?
Fri, 21 Oct 2016
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query

This medication is used to relieve the discomfort, pain, frequent urge to urinate, and cramps/spasms of the urinary tract caused by an infection or a medical procedure. It consists, antibiotics,antiseptic,painkiller and andtipiretic so it actson different waysd. It is usaed ofr interstitial cystitis and in most people it leads to improvemet. Wish you good health. Regards
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, I have had IC for many yrs but was in remission for a few yrs. now its back and my old urologist is no longer on my insurance. so question is...

Recent questions on  Vulvodynia

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 19 years old and have had pain in the entrance of my vagina during sex for a while now. A few months ago I had cyrotherapy on the opening...

doctor1 MD

I recently had cystitis. When my period came I felt pain after urinating (not while) which lasted for an hour or so. Then it went away. Now I have...

doctor1 MD

I am having severe pain in my vagina about every 15 seconds--standing is better then sitting or lying down.

doctor1 MD

i have vaginal infection and i face the problem of icthing,burnind and also pain sometimes. my doctor advice me to take cligen forte. i want to...

doctor1 MD

I am 80yrs old And have vulvodynia . I have tried everything presently taking amyltrytolene and cortisone I percent. Most burning and pain.Nothing...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I had a d and c after a failed miscarriage 3 months ago. I still have clitoris pain during oral sex . Will I ever be healed?