Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What is PCOS and how can it be treated ?

hi there i am a 25 year old female have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I am trying for a baby however have very irregular periods so am not ovulating. when i do get a period it is just old brown looking discharge/ blood with clots. is this normal or should i go back and see another doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
The first step is to try and regularise your periods.Oc pils can help with that.Also you will need ovulation induction drugs.The kind of discharge that you get is due to the PCOS.I would suggest seeing a fertility specialist as you will need hormones to help ovulation.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor