What is Lamotrigine used for?

My Questions: 1) Is the presecrition drug LAMOTRIGINE (generic for LAMICAL) a psychotic drug? — and if not, what is it. 2) What is the intended purpose of this drug? 3) Lastly, I read that the side effects for a vast majority of patients taking this drug is usuallly only a rash, — if anything at all. Thanking you in advance for your response in answering my questions.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Lamotrigine is an anticonvulsant used for seizure treatment and prevention. It acts on brain and suppress the excitatory neurotransmitters.
It is not a psychotic drug.
Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you