What is Ischemic ?

What is Ischemic?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Ischemia is inadequate oxygenation of a body part. It is usually caused by a lack of blood flow.

I am 70, female, 5 6 , & 170#. I have controlled hypertension, hyperlipidemia, depression, osteoarthritis, and have had surgery for episodes of ischemic colitis. I have a red, growing, cauliflower like growth that hurts if it is bumped on both the 1st & 3rd joints of my right index finger. Is it some type of wart?

Hi, my mother in-law had a headaches, and the impression of her MRI Brain scan is that scattered white matter T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci, the largest at right posterior centrum semiovale. These foci are most probably microinfarctions or ischemic foci. Need advice what are these microinfarctions or ischemic foci?

Hi my dad had a stroke previously and recently he had another one he had the ishemic stroke he hears us talk we ask him to open his eyes and hold his leg up or hold his hand up he does that for us sometimes but he s very sleepy and not talkin he s paralized on the right side in your opinion have you ever seen anyone survive 2 strokes??