What is IVF ?

hi folks, Animesh Gupta here,what is IVF?who can undergo IVF?what are the tests done prior to IVF?
Fri, 5 Aug 2011
's  Response
hello man, infertile couples of course, who wants to conceive in general.Patients who are benefitted with IVF are: * Older women, whose ovaries are failing. However, there is no upper age limit at which IVF should not be done. And, in fact, for older women, it might represent their only chance of success. It's not really the age of the woman which is the limiting factor; it's the quality of her eggs. * Men whose sperm count is very low. Most clinics will consider doing IVF only for men with at least 3 million motile sperm in the ejaculate. If the sperm counts are lower than this, then ICSI (or microinjection) is a better option. * Women with a damaged uterus (for example, because of healed tuberculosis) because the chance of successful implantation of the embryo in the uterus becomes very poor. It is also not advisable to go in for IVF treatment without trying simpler treatment options first. IVF is a complex procedure involving considerable personal and financial commitment, so oth
Ananth's  Response
Hi guys, these are conditions when one can undergo IVF * Fallopian Tube Damage The only options for treating significant tubal damage are surgical repair or bypassing the tubes with IVF. This decision must be carefully individualized in each situation. * Male Factor Infertility One of the most dramatic advances in the treatment of infertility has been the capacity to obtain fertilization and pregnancy in the IVF lab with severely abnormal sperm samples by utilizing ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). ICSI is often recommended if there is any suggestion of a sperm problem, if sperm are obtained surgically, or if there has been a prior failure of fertilization. * Endometriosis Endometriosis may be effectively treated with a combination of surgical and medical therapy. IVF is very effective as a second line of treatment if the initial treatment is proven unsuccessful. * Age Related Infertility In normal reproductive life, a woman's ovarian function is
nikithaniki's  Response
When most couples get married they expect to have their own babies. Many naively expect they will get pregnant the very first month they try - and are concerned when a pregnancy does not occur. All of us go through a brief interlude of doubt and concern when we do not achieve pregnancy the very first month we try - and we start wondering about our fertility. Only a 25% chance! Before worrying, remember that in a single menstrual cycle, the chance of a perfectly normal couple achieving a successful pregnancy is only about 25%, even if they have sex every single day. This is called their fecundity, which describes their fertility potential. Humans are not very efficient at producing babies! There are many reasons for this, including the fact that some eggs don't fertilize and some of the fertilized eggs don't grow well in the early developmental stage. Getting pregnant is a game of odds - it's a bit like playing Russian Roulette and it's impossible to predict when an individual couple will get pre
bilal's  Response

i wana pregnent

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
I am 36 yrs of age i had endometrosis and cysts outside my overies so my Gyn. suggested me laproscopic surgery to remove the cyst on 25 march 2010, after that she gave me 3 luprides injection after that i took ocp's for 05 months (Overal-G) than 3 menstrual cycle breaks now again i am taking dronis 20 for 03 months as suggested by my gynocologist, she says she doesn't want to remove the good useful effects of surgery to get me pragnant, my question is if i wait for one more year as i will be studying abroad, and not getting suitable match to get married.

can i also go for IVF if i get any problem in getting pregnant or might be with good luck i could conceive normally by gods blessings?

i go for regular ultrasounds and in regular touch with my gyn. who is from Batra Hospital.

what should i do, so that my body produces healthy eggs, though i do regular exercising to keep good health?

Plz guide me completely i shall be thankful.

Shahajahan's  Response
There are a variety of indications for IVF. Among these are male Factor Infertility, age-Related Infertility, absent or Damaged Fallopian Tubes, endometriosis, recurrent Intrauterine Insemination Failure, tubal and Pelvic Adhesions, preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and some times unexplained Infertility.
KARTIKEYA's  Response

You can opt for Antimullerian Hormone (AMH) investigation.

This test reveals Ovary count in women.

Women with higher AMH values will tend to have better response to ovarian stimulation for IVF and have more eggs retrieved. In general, having more eggs with IVF gives a higher success rate.

You can contact your concerned Gynaecologist  regarding this investigation.

If you are interested in getting this done or any query/home collection you can contact

Kartikeya

9990998292/ 011-26562361

Religare SRL Diagnostics

(Formerly SRL Ranbaxy)

vinita singh's  Response
hi, myself vinita singh tryying to get pregnant from from last 13 years but not. After failed ivf go for different tests but not even find out the reason. guide me.
surrogacymumbai's  Response
GEt the detailed info on IVF,Who can undergo such treatment and the test to be performed before at http://www.surrogacymumbai.com
Email :surrogacymumbai.india@gmail.com