Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What is Cardiac Arrest ?

Can someone please give me information about Cardiac Arrest? I don t know a single thing about it and i need to do a presentation about it.. I seriously need information about that.. URGENTLY ! please can someone tell me and i ll really strongly appreciate it . Also, if there s websites..tell me too.. PLEASEEE...IT S REALLY URGENT.. Thanks alot in advance! ^^
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  234
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Cardiac arrest means the heart stops beating. It could be due to total loss of electrical activity of the heart known as asystole or due to a very fast ineffective activity known as ventricular fibrillation. Both are virtually equivalent to death, unless treated promptly. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation has to be started immediately and followed by advanced cardiac life support in a hospital. American Heart Association website gives you enough authentic information on it.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor