What heart drug would be used in normal routine patient medication to help in recovery?

Guy recovering from bypass surgery . What med could be used to create an over dose that would kill him? I m writing a novel. Based on 1960s patient medication procedures rather than todays computerized systems. The parient is given a regular dose by a nurse then given an overdose of the same meds by a bad guy that kills the patient. The hospital is then sued for negligence. What heart drug would be used in normal routine patient medication to help in recovery and at the same time if overdosed would kill him?The overdose has to be realistic and not something that would never be used or carried in a hospital pharacy. Thanks Roger
Thu, 17 Dec 2009