What happens when we hold urine for long time?

So I had to pee really bad but I held it in. I hold in my pee alot, sometimes to the point where I wet the bed. But this time I had a sharp pain, it lasted for a while but now my stomach is bloated and I cant pee. My legs are numb and I fell nauseous. Should I go to the ER? Is this an emergency or will i get over it, i read online that my bladder could have burst but I m not sure and i dont want to waist money on the ER.
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

You can have acute urinary tract infection and might be kidney involvement as well.

However without ultrasonography abdomen and pelvis, further comment will not be easy. So USG scan should be done for primary work up.

Your uirne analysis report also needs to be done immediately.

So you should consult doctor as soon as possible according to my opinion. You can revert back with reports once done.

Hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.