Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What happens in the brain when one experiences paralysis or numbness on entire body?

When there is symptoms like paralysis OR numbness in entire one side of the body, what are some of the reasons that is caused? Is it high blood pressure OR something else? If it is high BP , what happens with High BP? Does the blood vessels burst in the brain? What kind of specialty doctor could diagnoise and treat this? A neuro specialty or ?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hi..thanks for writing us

Paralysis or Stroke may result from either bursting of blood vessels in brain resulting in hemorrhage or occlusion of blood vessel site resulting in ischemic stroke..

Symptoms depend upon site of blockade or bleed, that may be weakness in half of body, numbness,deviation of mouth, slurring of speech, giddiness, vomitting etc.

common causes for stroke are hypertension, diabetes, increase cholesterol, smoking, connective tissue disease, old age, blood clotting disorder

I think you are satisfied by my answer
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor