Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What happens if the miniscus has completely worn away ?

I have reecntly 22/11/2010 undergone microfracture surgery to my knee cartlidge (shiny surface). This was my second opperation after the first only part filled. I have done all the nessesary rehab and should be back playing soccer 16 weeks. However i am feeling mass discomfort on the lateral joint line. The surgeon said she trimmed the minicus and thats why i may be getting the pain there. What happens if the miniscus has completely worn away? (she suggested this could be the problem).
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
need to see you clinically & your investigations like MRI , X Rays...
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
get autologous chondrocyte implatation (ACI) done , since microfracture doesn't cure the entire damaged area.
secondly trimming the meniscus doesn't cause discomfort in joint line
Take Care
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor