What happens after swallowing a piece of plastic?

Hi, I think that I swallowed a piece smaller then my pinkie nail of a plastic ordinary straw. I’m not for sure because the straw was frozen with the food and I think it might of broke off but I might have ate it. I’m curious to see what would happen if I did swallow it.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If you have swallowed then it will definitely come in your pee once for sure. Because it can't be digested by our body.

If it was any sharp thing and got stuck in the stomach, you will have severe stomach aches to cause you lot of discomfort which is definitely not there in your case.

So granuloma formation and all will never happen. So, just don't worry and watch your pee if it goes through it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana