What gives strokes ?

What gives strokes ?
Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
obstruction in cerebral or cerebellar (blood supply to brain) vessels either artery or vein results in stroke.what can block it ? It can be small blood clot,athroma,air, or it can be result of procedures like coiling ,glues,and fat.
Neurologist Dr. Sandhya Manorenj's  Response

Stroke occurs either due to decrease blood supply to brain ,which can be arterial or venous ,it can also occurs when artery rupture which we call hemorhagic stroke.A stroke occurs when there is interruption of the blood supply to a particular area of the brain, ultimately leading to cell injury and cell death

Ischemic strokes are the most common, accounting for up to 80% of stokes, and occur when there is an occlusion of a blood vessel impairing the flow of blood to the brain. Ischemic strokes are divided into:

[A] thrombotic, [B] embolic, [C] systemic hypoprofusion.
Mrinalini's  Response
Strokes are caused by 1. Thrombosis (blood clotting) 2. Embolism (a travelling Clot or other in the circolatory systems) 3. Haemorrhage (bursting of a blood vessel. Each one of these three causes have each multiple causes and the effects depends upon the particular area involved and the extent involved. Hope this answers your question