Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What further tests should I take if my eco test shows mild concentric hypertrophy and moderate LV dysfunction ?

i had purchased a Digital BP meter and monitoring my BP daily. Somtimes i found that it gives message as irregular Heart Beat. Yesterday i had heart palpitation and went to the doc, ECG was taken and it mentioned sinus within normal limits. i have done Stress Test and Echo Dopler test last year which was normal. In the Eco Test it showed Mild concentric Hypertrophy & Moderate LV dysfyunction present.What test shud i do further.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
digital BP meter is always not accurate, but it gives a gross idea. as ur ecg is normal, but as per ur echo shows mild LV dysfunction, which is abnormal.
u should consult cardiologist reegarding further evaluation about any heart attck/cardiac event in past.
u may need for angiography followed by angioplasty or revescularization.
any how its better to consult cardiologist.
wish u a healthy heart
Take care
Answered: Sun, 29 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The electronic BP digital meter is an approximate estimate of the heart rate, rhyth and B.P. To get the most accurate B.P and heart rhythm, you should get the B.P. with a mercury spygmometer and ECG is an accurate record of heart rhythm
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor