What foods should you avoid with high BP ?

what foods should you avoid with high blood pressure .?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
#1 Salt! Anything with high salt content

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My son who is 34 yrs detected with high blood pressure & urine albumine but his functions are normal according to other tests. Is this curable? what food should be avoided.

I m 24 years old male, I m 5 8 and I weight 162 pounds and I have high blood pressure and I been taking pills since 2 years ago.. I m too young to be taking pills, I know about the problems that could happen if I do not take the pills, but I know also the side effects of this pills and I would like to find another way to get blood pressure under control without the pill. I had lower the sodium in my diet to the point that I do not used at all to cook my food, I try to avoid fast foods and lately I been exercising, but all of this, it just not enough.. what can I do to overcome this problem?... I m sorry if I have misspelled any word, English is my second language... You know, I m a Criminal Justice student I m graduating next year and all wanted to do is become a Police Officer, thats been my dream since I wass little boy, a dream that I been pursuing since I started college and a dream that will not happen. I wass close to make happen what can I do?

Hi my mamma is having very high blood pressure 220/110 what is suggestion for food and medicine ?

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am a 34 year old female weighing approximately 240 pounds. I smoked off and on for fifteen years and quit on my own in January 2011 for good. Shortly before I kicked the habit, I began feeling as if I had panic attacks. I went to my physician who prescribed me Buspar for depression / anxiety. I had a reaction to the medicine causing my heart to race, chest to hurt, and arms to tingle. I was advised to stop taking the medication and was not prescribed anything else. All throughout February I had what I thought were panic attacks, but they progressively got worse and lasted longer, always worse at night. I finally went to the Emergency Room on March 12th thinking perhaps it was Asthma, even though I have no cough or wheeze. I thought since we are renovating my mother s house and from years of cigarettes that I had Asthma for sure, but the doctor discovered through X-Rays that I had a large air bubble that had pushed up my left diaphragm causing me trouble breathing. They performed a dilatation where 4 pounds of air was pumped from my stomach and sent me home. I felt so much better and was able to sleep through the night like a baby. Then, four days later, I had trouble breathing again and this time had chest pain as well, so I went to the ER again. They performed a Stress Test, EKG, and MRI scans. They said that my chest was fine, but that I needed to see a Gastro Intestinal doctor as my stomach was bloated. Two days later, I went to the doctor and had an emergency Endoscopy that found I had Pyloric Stenosis (I have no ulcers or scarring and never had it as a child). I had no stomach pain, vomiting or acid reflux, the only GI symptoms I had were nausea, diarrhea, weight loss and bloating. The doctor prescribed Omeprazol & Reglan and had me go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. I felt great for 2 weeks, and at the follow up I was prescribed Paxil to help with IBS symptoms of diarrhea, simithecone to relieve gas and bloating, & Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure (which I did not have before all this). I also caught an ear infection in my right ear during all this and was prescribed Cefdinir, then Allegra and Nasonex to help, and I began having trouble breathing again. X-Rays again showed I had an elevated left diaphragm and air bubbles. I have had blood tests for diabetes and thyroid among other things, CT Scans, another Endoscopy, a colonoscopy, Pulmonary Function tests, Arterial Blood Oxygen tests, Sleep Apnea tests, a Fluoroscopic SNIF test and more X-Rays. I have been told that I have a very small hiatal hernia (too small to operate) and mild asthma (prescribed Pulmicort). I have no other GI tract issues, my heart is fine and my lungs are clear, yet I still have the elevated left diaphragm (which is not paralyzed - it is still functioning in my chest), which has pushed my heart over to the right side of my chest, and pain on my left side now. I stopped taking all meds except the Lisinopril, Gas-X & Pulmicort for Asthma. Some I was told to stop, others I stopped because they seemed to be making the diarrhea, pain and nausea worse. Two nights ago, I tried to lay on my left side to help reduce some of the pain and I immediately felt like I was starving, to the point where I got extremely nauseous and had pain radiating through the left side of my body! I took two bites out of an energy bar, but the feeling was still there. I thought I might be having a heart attack, so I called the doctor and left a message with his answering service. I began to dry heave uncontrollably and then quickly felt better. The doctor said that I should go to the ER if it continued, but it went away, so I did not. So, my current symptoms now are pain in my left side from my stomach / colon to my shoulder that gets worse at night and better in the morning. Sudden nausea with bouts of gas and constipation, PVC heart palpitations, bloating, losing weight quickly and then gaining it back very quickly, loss of appetite then sudden feelings of starving, & discomfort in my chest with physical activities (like sex - I have not been able to do that in 2 months now for fear of making this worse). My question is: What could be causing this and how do I make it stop? Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated! I am allergic to Morphine and Demerol Surgeries: Gall Bladder removed in June 1997, Endometrial Ablation and Tubal Ligation in July 2010. I have had (3) live births (all full term). My last pregnancy in 2005, I had Pregnancy induced hypertension and was on bed rest for one month. My father had a heart attack in his forties and died from a stroke at age 50 - he was a lifetime smoker and had controlled adult onset diabetes and controlled high blood pressure. My mother is still living - she has controlled high blood pressure and at age 58 had a stint put in her heart with a 99% blockage - she is now on blood thinners and doing well.

i AM 40 YRS OLD AND MY NORMAL BP HAS ALWAYS BEEN 118/73 (TOPS) I HAVE HAD UPPER LEFT QUADRANT PAINS WITH LOOSE STOOLS AND RECTAL BLEEDING AND MY BP HAS INCREASED TO 130/90, DOES THIS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION OR CAN IT WAIT FOR A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TO BE MADE WITH IN 6 MO.? PAIN LEVEL IS BETWEEN 6-8

I am asking this question for my friend. She had chemotherapy two years ago for a very invasive form of breast cancer. For the past six months her incontinence has steadily worsened. She has to change her sheets every night and is exhausted. She is on a fentanyl patch for chronic neuropathic pain as well as anti-depressants. She does not have high blood pressure, but now is experiencing shortness of brearth. She is not satisfied with the care she has been receiving from her physicians and does not know what to do? What would you recommend? Thank you very much.

i am a 250lb, 6'8", 37yr old male with high blood pressure who just had intense sex with my 23yr old girlfriend of 2 years, and after sex i had a little blood coming out the head of my penis. I used the bathroom to "clean the system" and there was blood. Not to mention my right side of my stomach down to my scrotum is hurting bad! there is a buldging vein on my scrotum where the pain is... What should i do???

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...