What foods can help in recovery from open heart surgery?

what foods can help in recovery from open heart surgery?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
pineapple juice has healing properties.

How common is depression after open heart surgery. I had OHS Jan. 3rd I m only 39 years old and had to go with the tissue valve instead of mechanical, due to other health issues. This means I will have to face another OHS in approx. 10 years, but to be honest I just can t see myself doing this again. I feel guilty for feeling this way, but this surgery was HARD, VERY HARD. I m wondering if this depression is from the surgery or from knowing that I will need to do it again, per my surgeon. What causes the depression anyway? Thanks for any comments, suggestions. Thanks to all of you. I guess I thought I was going to handle it better than I have. I do feel guilty, because I have a 20 year old son whom I love dearly. He says I will do it again if he has to drag me in by the hair of my head kicking and screaming the whole way. That s why I feel guilty about the way I am feeling. I do appreciate the comments I have a follow up appt. with my surgeon on Wed. I will bring up this issue with him. I am also hoping 10 years down the road it will be much less invasive. I had my aortic valve replaced. Thanks again. To Mike P: I found it interesting what you said about getting rid of friends. I actually called someone who I called my best friend for many years, and she was, but she let me down big time. Didn t show up at the hospital or call until my 4th day in CICU. I asked her where she had been, but got no answer. She is in an abusive relationship and has been for many years. She has had many chances to get out of this relationship, so when I called her up of course she blamed her husband for not being there for me, but at this point I told her it is her fault for what she is living through. I would have been there for her and she knew it, so I told her to just stay in her little world until he kills her and I ll fight to live in mine. We haven t spoken since, she never even attempted to call me back. I agree it was time to let her go; you just can t help someone who refuses to help themselves. Sorry for the rant; it just hit a spot with me.

What is open heart surgery? Is it safe? Could death occur during it? What is open heart surgery? Is it safe? Could death occur during it?

Hi, My father had a open heart surgery a few weeks ago and is well into the recovery. There is a small pocket of puss accumulation at the center of the chest along the area which was opened for the surgery. He has developed fever overnight and he feels some body pains. What should we do now? We are far away from our surgeon in bangalore and reside in Tirupati.

Recent questions on  Cardiac surgery

Hello, I am a 39 year old female. I received my second ever kenalog shot for allergies over a week ago. The one previous was a year prior to that. In the past 3 days I have been experiencing heart palpitaions the entire day and night. I have had palpiations for years now, but only once in a while. The palpitions I am now experiencing are continuous. I had been tested about five years ago and was told I had tricuspid and mitral valve regurgitation. Several years later a different doctor sent me for testing and it showed no regurgitation. It doesnt make sense to me. My question is do you think it is possible the palpitations are caused by the kenalog? I was put back on Singulair as well but stopped taking it to see if that was the culprit. I am uneasy with this feeling and it is stressing me out more so worrying about it. Thank you in advance.

My 89 year old father just had a triple bypass and valve replacement. He lost kidney function after the surgery. They are now wanting him to go to a long term acute center, I m guessing because his heart rate registers low in the upper 40 s to mid 50 s. how long can I expect him to last on dialysis

i am on warafin and a beta blocker after open heart surgery for asd and remove a membrane found in my atrium in the horizontal position that shunted the blood through the ASD (hole). Now my heart rate is faster while on warafin.I had the open herat surgery 9 months ago.why is my heart rate fast? . Could the thinner cause more blood flow at a faster rate?

HAD TRIPLE BY-PASS 10/1/2008 ALONG WITH WITH AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT AND ASCENDING AORTIC DISSECTION. CLOSE CALL TO SAY THE LEASE. 1/10/2012 DEVELOPED A.M. ARRHYTHMIA EVERY DAY. AM I IN SEVERE DANGER OF DYING OR IS MY SCENARIO LIVABLE.

HAROLD WATERHOUSE
YYYY@YYYY

I had a triple bypass 2weeks ago ...I have a new low grade but constant pain lower left side ..not sick to stomach been having bowel movements

My aunt (61 female) has recently been diagnosed with AORTIC VALVE STENOSIS and has been advised to undergo corrective surgery outside our state (J&K) and preferably in XXXXXXX Need to know about the prognosis and the treatment options. Also if you...

Shortness of breath often I am 82 years old and my valve is wearing out (according to the Dr) is valve replacement an option