Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What exercises do you suggest to relieve the pain in hips due to bulging disks ?

Hi, I am 34 and a full time cook. I have been in great pain for about 7 days. Thought I thru out my hip, went in today and was told I have a bulging disk. what stretches should I do to help the healing along. Now I have a history with hip and back problems cause in 2005 I was hit by a car. It thru out my hip and messed up my back bad enoughtg I was getting facet block injections once a month to help with the pain. I had to stop those cause I just couldn t afford them any more. I have had problems with my back and hip since. What should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Avoid lifting heavy weights. You need to take pain killer and muscle relaxant drugs which will help you with the pain. If you are experiencing severe pain which also radiates to the the leg and causes weakness of the leg you would benefit after surgical treatment. Spinal brace or corset will give some support and relief. Physiotherapy by SWD and Infrared therapy also offers relief Better to get a complete checkup from your Doctor and ask your options for relief.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor