What else can i do for esophagus ?

My daughter is 4 years old and one of her problems from this syndrome is her esophagus.she has problems keeping some of her food down.she even takes small bites and drink behind it. she have been dilated b 4 and it helps sometime and sometime it don't. i want to know what else can i do ?
Mon, 31 Jan 2011
's  Response
Does she has any vomiting also?? Was any blodd test or X-ray were done?
constance chase's  Response
HELLO IM BACK! YEAH SHE DO VOMIT SOMETIMES, AND SHE HAVE HAD A BARREN SWALLOW BOUT 3 MONTHS AGO. ITLL SHOW IF HER FOOD IS GOING DOWN OR NOT. ALOT OF TIMES THEY NOTICE THAT HER ESOPHOGUS IS NARROW, THEN IF IT IS TIGHT THEY WILL DILATE IT.LAST TIME THEY DILATED HER THEY RAN INTO A PROBLEM WITH THE CATHLETER GOING DOWN.I JUST WANT HER TO BE NORMAL. SHE IS NORMAL, I MEAN EATING IN PUBLIC W OUT HAVING TO SPIT UP AND KIDS SAYING YUCK!
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Hi, my son was born with TEF also. He's 3 and has 3 dilations. Our GI doc said that some kids need more dilations than others. But your daughter's symptoms are exactly the same as my son's when his esophagus has narrowed too much. I recommend getting another dilation procedure. Sometimes it takes a few before they work. Good luck to you! Christine www.sugarplumswank.blogspot.com
Kaishau's  Response
Hi My son bout to be 3 mos and he had a surgery because his trachea wasnt connected to his esophagus can someone tell me how long it will take him to start sucking out the bottle because he had the surgey bout 3 mos ago and he now have a feeding tube.I really need some advice please.