Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What drugs can be used to counter severe stomach cramps during menstruation ?

Hi Doctor , As a doctor prescribed for my endometrium thickness and heavy bleeding , i took Norgest tablet for 23 days when I was in India.after the course i got my period but im having severe pain in stomach that im not able to take.After taking NICE pain killer its subsiding but not getting permanent cure for this.Now that im in Brazil pls help me in curing the pain. My age is 29 and married for 1.5 years and have no kids.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The pain is due to the shedding out of the thick endometrium and contraction of uterus. You need to drink plenty of fluids. Better to take rest. You can take pain killer with muscle relaxant like Diclomine drug or Buscopan drug for best relief under medical supervision for 2-3 days after a meal. It will disappear soon when period is going to stop. If the pain does not subside you need to go to the Hospital.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thank for query,
You continue the medicine for 3-4 months and after that course you will be alright.
You can start oral contraceptive tablet which will regularize your period and give relief of pain.
Then stop taking Norgest.
ok and bye

Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor