• question-icon

What dosage of progesterone tablets need to be taken?

Hi Doc.

My querry is i had 1 abortion & 1 spontaneous abortion & 1 missed abortion.Doctor advised me to wait for at least for three months to conceive again.This time when i showed to a senior doctor she prescribed me few medicines.Amongst them she has told me to take Clofert-50mg.from the 2nd to the 6th day of MC. Will you plz. tell me why to take this one & when should i take Progesterone tablets. AND most importantly even if i'm conceiving what should i do or what medication i should be taking to retain the fetus, it would not be a blitained ovum again like last time(missed abortion);that is no heart beat was there on the 6th week...Plz. oblige me....
Fri, 10 Feb 2017
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, clofert is given to increase the size of the eggs. You can take progesterone after your ovulation. It will help in sustaining pregnancy. Also some injections of hcg can help you in that. Ask your doctor regarding this. Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query I will be happy to help.
Dr khushboo