Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate ?

I had an ultrasound of my throid gland . It showed a 2mm nodule on the right lower lobe of the thyroid. It also showed a somewhat heterogeneous echo pattern to the thryoid gland.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Regina, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Do you have any difficulty breathing or swallowing? The thyroid nodule is a growth (lump) in the thyroid gland. They are growths of cells in the thyroid gland. These growths can be noncancerous or cancerous. Some nodules are fluid filled which are called cysts. Very often, nodules produce no symptoms. What is your TSH level?
If you have any of the symptoms your Surgeon, may recommend surgery to remove all or part of your thyroid gland. You will require medications.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor