What does the following karyotype test result indicate?

hi, My karyotype result came as below: Nature of report-: Normal variant Result-: 46, 1qh+ with normal sex chromosomes Interpretation-: Normal Karyotype with increase in the length of heterochromatin region on the long arm of chromosome 1 Limitations-: The banding resolution of 450 doesnot rule out subtle chromosomal rearrangements and microdeletions Please let me know whether everything is normal with this pregnancy
Wed, 26 Dec 2018

Yes, this is essentially a normal report. In fact, the little increase in one arm of chromosome 1 as said is quite normal for many People. With its own limitations of the test the result is normal.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman , General & Family Physician