• question-icon

What does the fibroids inside and outside the uterus mean?

I had an ultrasound and the report said that I have fibroids inside and outside of my uterus the largest one about 3 cm in maximal dimension. It also said that there is no clearly delineated endometrial stripe and no obvious adnexal abnormality. Please explain what this means.
Wed, 27 Nov 2019

You have been diagnosed with Fibroids that are detected to be found inside & outside the uterus. Subserosal fibroids grow on the outside of the uterus. Intramural fibroids grow in the wall of the uterus.

Adnaxae & endometrium are normal. You are suggested to get treated for fibroid. The treatment will depend on the severity of the pathology detected.

You will be treated with medicines or minimum invasive procedures( uterine artery embolization, radiofrequency ablation, laparoscopic/ robotic myomectomy. Surgery(abdominal myomectomy/hysterectomy) if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nupur K, General & Family Physician