What does tenderness on the bottom of the ribs indicate?

I have a mild/dull ache or tenderness just under my bottom two ribs. I have been eating very poorly lately, more sugar and rich food than usual. I had blood in stools in last two bowel movements, bright red and plentiful, looked different from anal tissue problem caused by large stool. I have also been exercising a bit after many months of relative inactivity. Possible causes?
Fri, 11 Jun 2021
Pulmonologist 's  Response

They are two different things not related to each other.The swollen rib is due to an inflammation of that area.The blood in stools might be from large quantities or hard defecation process. For the ribs Ibuprofen may help but I recommend you to talk first with your doctor just for safety.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Jolanda Nikolla, Pulmonologist