What does swelling above the vagina indicate?

What do you call the part of the body on a woman that is above the vagina but not your stomach? I have an over weight daughter and that part of her body is swollen and sore as if a ingrown hair or a pimple formed there and is inflamed. What can we do to alleviate her discomfort?
Mon, 5 Mar 2018

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As" per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

1)Do a clinical examination by your Doctor [Dermatologist]to confirm exact pathology.

2)Discuss with your Doctor about tropical antibiotic cream like [mupirocin]if it is small and if big then discuss about surgical drainage.

Do follow lifestyle modifications like this -

1)Try to avoid tight clothes. It helps to reduce friction between your skin and clothing.
2)Shave with care. Use an electric razor or a clean, sharp blade every time you shave. Adopt habits such as: Applying lubricating shaving cream or gel for five to 10 minutes before shaving to soften the hair and applying moisturizing lotion after you shave.

3)Use only clean hot tubs and heated pools. And if you own a hot tub or a heated pool, clean it regularly and add chlorine as recommended.

Hope that helps